- 1 : a festive social affair
- 2 : a bursting of a container (as a tire) by pressure of the contents on a weak spot
- 3 : an uncontrolled eruption of an oil or gas well
- 4 : an easy or one-sided victory
- 5 : a valley or depression created by the wind in areas of shifting sand or of light cultivated soil
And I NEED to remember that.
The victory is won.
"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 1 Cor 15:55
Sometimes, when I am tired and sore...I just want the victory to be won, to see that final day you know? I have that IN YOUR FACE awareness that this world with it's troubles is just fleeting.
That all the skirmishes we see are just the opposition grasping at straws, trying to find final souls to steal away. That's all it is.
So my sore feet, my aching head, my heartache over a church closure, my concern over aging parents, my fretting over a rabbitry damaged and needing to repair it before winter, it's all just fleeting, it's all grasping at straws.
Because the facts are in.
The Lord's side has had a blow-out victory. All done. All cared for.
The final play has already been made.