After 13 years of marriage NOW he tells me he doesn't like banana bread?!?!?!?!
With that shock behind me, I came up with banana fritters. :)
- 2 ripe bananas I used THREE bananas
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon I doubled the amount of cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg I doubled the amount of nutmeg
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet. Mixed until well blended. Then drop by spoonfuls into the hot oil. The directions call for heating it to 375 but I didn't find that high of temp necessary. Cook them slowly and evenly. Works well.
- 1 quart oil for frying
I had two coating available. Icing sugar and Cinnamon Sugar. We liked both, but oddly enough I preferred them with the cinnamon sugar. (odd because I don't tend to like too much cinnamon).