I've never made them, but voila! I found a recipe. :) Just so you know, I cut them into 30 pieces, means they are 87 calories each. :) (hubby loves figuring that stuff out).
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar didn't have dark, used light still worked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of butterscotch chips (chopped walnuts and chocolate chips are equally tasty) I did butterscotch chips.
How to Make
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
2 Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
3 Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together. Add the butterscotch chips or other mix-ins.
4 Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve. My oven it took 25 minutes.