I don't know lad, probably, you like gingerbread cookies right?
Well they have molasses in them too, so you just might like them.
1 c packed brown sugar
3/4 c. Unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c molasses
2 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
- in a bowl combine brown sugar, applesauce, egg and molasses. Stir until well-blended.
- in separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and spices.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients slowly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet (or use parchment paper).
- OPTIONAL sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
- Yield for us... 48 cookies, for others about 36.
One of the things I'm starting to do with my lad when we bake is having him smell the spices. Often you can identify spices if you train yourself to know what they smell like. He does NOT like the smell of cloves or ginger but cinnamon makes him go mmmm. :)