- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 small ripe bananas, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Stir in buttermilk and bananas just until moistened.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
He made the sour milk to replace the buttermilk as we had none. 1 tsp lemon juice in one cup of milk.
He mixed the dry ingredients together after I measured them out.
We added regular milk to the recipe as the batter was thicker than I was comfortable using.
We served ours with maple syrup, though I thought about doing strawberry jam instead.