My plan is
- Monday: print it off, have him circle all the words he doesn't know, and then listen to it on you tube (hopefully). Talk over words doesn't know.
- Tuesday: start to sing the words, Look at the scripture behind the song and do some copywork on scripture. Break down the unknown words into sound groups. Look up definitions if needed.
- Wednesday: learn about the composer, sing some more
- Thursday: probably copy work - copy out the words of the song,
- Friday: probably mix it the hymn and needing to put it in the right order. Check to see if there are words doesn't know.
This week my son chose "i heard the voice of Jesus Say". We are not Lutheran, and this is not our hymnal, but it had accurate words. :)
So today my lad circled all the words he didn't know.
I was surprised at all the words that he knew. :) And when we talked them over, he actually did know them, he just thought he didn't. BUT it gives me a list that I can write out have him break down into sounds to help him learn them more immediately. :)
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
- Till (when I said it was short for until the response was oh.. why didn't he just write until then????)
- Traveling (oh.. tr-a-vel-ing, got it mom)
- Thou (does that mean you?)
- Thirsty (that pesky TH sound he struggles with)
- Weary (what does that mean mom? What is that word anyways?)
- Worn (like worm, just with in n lad.. oh, I got it now mom)
Do you study hymns at all?