So come with me as I walk you through this cursive writing program by CursiveLogic.
To that end they group the lowercase letters into groups, and then teach that group as a string of letters. Here you can see how this string is coloured orange. The other strings they each have their own colour. These colours help to reinforce learning. If your student needs extra practice, three dry erase pages are included at the end of the book.
They have an audio component as well, a verbal rhyme that children can make as they are learning each letter shape.
CursiveLogic provides two styles of tracing. One is the normal thin line, and the other is a double line. Each section of tracing is always followed by a chance to write without tracing. Some days my son did not want to write on his own immediately after tracing. The beauty of this book with that you can work through it on your pace. By the end of the first lesson one can already write real words...how cool is that!?!?
He likes that this program makes sense to him and that, like the free program we used previously, he can just do one page at a time. Slow and steady wins the day in this household.
Why is cursive necessary in this day and age of online writing and technology?
I have to admit, I struggled with this. Trying to figure why it was so important, and why it was important to my hubby for our son to learn it besides "it will be good for him". This is what my research showed:
1. having a good signature is important
2. not all writing is done via electronics
3. writing is faster than printing
4. one won't always have a computer or phone or tablet to type on
5. teaches letters as part of whole words, not as separate entities
6. writing in cursive rather than print utilizes different areas of the brain.
7. it can help those with brain injuries or conditions such a dyslexia learn better, or even be able to write and read.
8. cursive looks nicer than print and shows a higher state of learning
9. it's a good part of our history
10. it doesn't take that long to teach. One page a day takes my son 5-15 minutes.
So teach your children cursive. It will do them good. :)
Product: CursiveLogic Workbook
Version: Hard-copy, a physical book
Ages: 7 through adult
Did you know that CursiveLogic has some practice pages? Great eh? Gives you a chance to check them out without obligation. :) CLICK HERE.
Social Media Links: