Join twins Mia and Maddie and their sidekick little sister, LuLu, as they embark on international adventure and mischief thanks to their famous mom who travels all over the world singing beautiful songs and a slightly wacky and sometimes negligent nanny named Miss Julia.
I've read other faith girlz books with my lad and found them really well done in that they also appealed to my lad. Imagine traveling the world with your mom and dad, all the sights you would see and the adventures you could get into? the Glimmer Girls have opportunities before most children don't receive and it's so neat. All that busyness and they still have time for each other.
I have to admit, that this book was a little girlie which meant for my household it wasn't fully appreciated, so let me tell you what I did like.
1. Mom talks to her girls like a real mom would talk to her children.
2. Dad seems like a real dad, not some washed out character
3. God is central
4. A mystery was solved in a manner that showed the heart of a girl.
5. Mistakes were made, and acknowledged, with sorrow expressed for bad choices
6. Family is important, and the closeness of the family is seen throughout the book.
I would DEFINITELY recommend this book for girls. In fact I know a young lady who would appreciate this book. :)
Received: Softcover Book
Title: London Art Chase
Author: Natalie Grant
Series: Glimmer Girls