Then they have the dailies which are small activities that folks can choose to do every single day. Spelling, art, exploring (they have CANADA in there!!!), Shakespeare, History, Art and more. Everything I have found so far is in PDF format which makes it REALLY easy to download and use.
Then of course is the wee benefit of being able to access all the Schoolhouse magazines. It's like having my own personal library right at my fingertips. :)
1. Members-only access to lesson materials in these subject areas: Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Geography, History, Home Economics, Literature, Math, Music, Reading, Writing . . . and so much more!
2. The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine delivered straight to your inbox, monthly.
3. All The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine digital back issues.
4. The Homeschool Minute™ weekly E-Newsletter.
5. Download all five Schoolhouse Planners—the Parent version, all Student planners(3) and the Special Needs planner.
6. Monthly bonus e-books for each month of membership.
7. All available TOS Expo-To-Go recorded sessions.
How Have I Used This Site?
But let me take a moment to tell you how I have used SchoolhouseTeachers.com. I have NOT used it as straight curriculum source, and doubt that I will ever do that. I am more eclectic. I like pulling things together on my own to form a whole. So what I have done with Schoolhouse Teachers is I have pulled off resources for later use.
One of the big topics we have for study this year is the Study of Canada. When I discovered earlier this year that they were in process of Exploring Canada I went WOOHOO!!!! Make it easy! We aren't quite at the whole looking at Canada thing yet ... we've been looking at the earth, world, ecosystems and what not first. But when we start the provinces and such like I'll be going back to those resources to help flesh out our studies a bit. Since it's all downloadable.. I can download, save it to file and voila! It's mine! :) I like it I do indeed.
Now I HAVE used the dailies, and generally as is. I find they add some variety to what I do with my son. :) They are ready made, tend to be short and easy to print off/use.
I've done what I always do with sites that I like, I browse it and then find things that I like and then I revamp them for my own use. :) I have done a lot of reading here and then have taken that knowledge and inspiration and use that with teaching my son.
Cost to join
Become a SchoolhouseTeachers.com Member just $5.95 per month or purchase a 1-year membership for $64.26.
And right now they have sweetened the pot. For the first month it costs $1 to join. So for basically no risk you can join the site and join many many other people in seeing just how good it really is.