Product: I received the premium membership. They also have free memberships (one with registration, one without) which gives lots of aid in spelling vocabulary words. The premium is just MORE. :) And the more is good.
Price per year for the Premium Membership:
Families - $29.99 up to 5 students
Classrooms - $49.99 up to 25 students
Schools are priced per student - click HERE for prices on the entire school.
Age Range: K-12
Let me show you what the more is.. for the premium membership
In the words of VocabularySpellingCity
- - An award-winning game-based learning tool for vocabulary, spelling, writing and language arts
- - A K-12 educational service used worldwide by schools and families
- - 50,000 words and 60,000 sentences read by a real person
- - Access via mobile app for your tablet and smart phone,or online via computer and interactive whiteboard
- - Correlation to educational standards
- - School and district-level reports
"VocabularySpellingCity is a place where I can go to target words that my son repeatedly says "I don't know that word"". It helps him to "get" those problem words and know how to spell them as well.
It was funny... one day I was looking at it, and going through my own lesson...and he came down and scolded me. "MOM...that's MY program. Let me do it now". What's a mom to do? I let him do it "now". :)
And check out the teaching resources. This is such a helpful site and I know I didn't manage to discover it all yet.
I struggled with (as did my son) the need to capitalize his spelling words. They would credit it as wrong if he didn't put the capital on it. Wasn't sure why that was.. perhaps it was my input method, or just a quirk in the problem.
Yes. It's worth getting this program to help your student(s) increase their ability to understand what they are reading. But don't just take my word for it. Go check out what some of the other Schoolhouse reviewers have to say. Go here OR click on the link below. :)