I did have high expectations for the day but it didn't take me long to realize they weren't going to happen. :) So I could take a moment to complain about the day, but I think I'd rather focus on what went well.
1. My son cheerfully completed Reading Kingdom.
2. He not as cheerfully completed Science4Us...but he did do it and then took a break as I said he might. :)
3. We watched and commented on the Movie Penguins Spy in the Huddle. I would so cheerfully recommend you all watch this movie. You will learn alot about penguins, though the movie does gloss over the fact that sea lions will eat penguins if they have a chance to do so.
5. We worked on a mosaic. The lad DOES NOT like mosaic.. they have too many spaces in them mom so they don't look nice close up. The ones on the computer are fine but I don't like them for me. It took him a while to come up with a valid reason for not liking to do it, so when I finally assisted him in his thinking process and asked him if he could at least try, he was willing to do so. :) Before that it was too much for a tired boy to trying to work through.
6. I completed a mosaic and did it well enough both of the males in my house could figure out what I did. :) YEAH ME! And with that I give you Firestar from the warriors series of books. :)
8. The lad asked politely if we could have eggs, bacon and fruit for supper NO mom.. crackers instead??? We compromised on eggs, bacon, celery and he could have some crackers. He cooked the eggs WOOT WOOT!
So I guess overall our day wasn't as bad I as thought it was... but it was a bit hard at times and we needed to work hard at not snapping each others heads off. (though that expression makes my son laugh). We worked through it and that's a good thing indeed. :)
How does your family handle it when you are all tired and out of sorts??