I thought I would try to make some biscuits, but failed to look for milk, and the batter did a lot of traveling today, back and forth to London, but we ended up having enough time to make the biscuits at home. :) WOOT WOOT.
They all got eaten so this was a good thing.
2 cups flour
3 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp Shortening
about 3/4 cup milk
1. mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
2. cut in the the shortening, blending until the mixture resembles coarse corn meal
3. Add milk slowly until you have added enough milk to make a soft dough. Generally you know you have added enough milk when the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Stir until all flour has been worked in.
4. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead lightly 30 seconds. Turn smooth side up and roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thick.
5. use a small glass or a biscuit cutter, to cut out your biscuits.
6. place them into a greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart for crusty biscuits and close together for softer biscuits.
7. Bake in 450 oven for 12-15 minutes. Makes 14-16 biscuits.