It's time to lay down those unrealistic expectations that exhaust you.
It's time to embrace who you are--even the messy parts.
It's time to start living fully instead of just trying not to fail.
Let's do this. Together."
I have never read a Holley Gerth book before this. I would have no issues reading a book by here again. Nicely written book that speaks to the heart of women.
It is SO easy to push ourselves you know? To do this right, to that thing over there that needs doing, to just be busy doing and working and being what we think is expected of us.
The Chapters are:
- Why you really don't have to be perfect
- Embracing the freedom that's already yours
- Trading guilt for Grace
- What your heart really needs is perfect love
- The God who loves you more than you know
- Daring to be who you already are
- Finding healing in your relationship
- A practical plan for beating perfectism
- A new perspective that will change your life
- The perfect place you're heading one day
- Freeing your heart forever.
We get so busy you know, with the stuff of life that sometimes we forget what is truly important, the heart within us, the heart that God wants seeking after him and being content with who he has made us and called us to be.
Holley calls us back to remember that, to remember the heart of who we are so we can truly live as we should. Throughout the chapters questions are asked, and lines provided for answers, in order to help you think through the questions and thoughts presented. It's good to ponder these things eh? :)
Chapter questions are given at the close of the book. I have to admit that these questions didn't resonate with me, the questions within the individual chapters did. Causing me to ponder and seek after God more.