- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
1. Mix 3/4 c sugar and cornstarch. Add the rhubarb and other fruit.
2. Place into 8 inch square pan
3. In small bowl mix together the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon.
NOTE: in our recipe we didn't melt the butter, we crumbled it in to the mixture. Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit
4. Cook in 350c oven for 45 minutes.
I have to admit, I've not put other fruit in with rhubarb before... Apples work! :) I will make this again sometime.