Reading... Things I love.
1. "MOM, is it okay if I read longer tonight, it's at a really exciting part".
2. "Mom, can you come read with me?"
3. Books. Any size or shape and MOST genres.
4. Reviewing books.
5. Listening to books as a family. Currently listening to "Keeper of the Lost Cities" by Shannon Messenger.
5. Actually READING books. Currently I am reading a book about Jack London, a book about how to make zen drawings, and several books with my son. I am also reading two other books that currently I can't recall the names of.
6. Buying books that I can then read. Currently I have a book by Mercedes Lackey in my "want to buy list" through Amazon. It's in the cart, just awaiting the splurge funds.
7. The Lord's Protection. Since I will pick up most any book and read it, and after reading a scary book that sticks with me to this day, I asked the Lord to keep me from doing that again. To that end, books that I shouldn't read feel sticky/slimy and just make me want to wipe my hands off. Highly effective. Catches me off guard sometimes and one time I fought it as it was a book by one of my favourite authors. Suffice it to say... that's another book that left me with the heebie-jeebies to this day. I no longer fight the impulse.
So go on, grab a book but before you leave, tell me what books you are reading lately? it's always good to find new authors you know?