Some children can't sit still well. They just can't. It's like they have a wiggle bum permanently attached to them. I know my lad doesn't do sitting still well unless he's totally into something and even then he wiggles. :)
BUT he is getting better. :) WOOT WOOT.
I thought some of the suggestions in this article spot on.
1. Be Patient - Patience is VERY helpful. take the long view approach and realize...this too will come. :)
2. Work with them slowly - Skill takes time to develop. (see above..be patient)
3. Give your child something to do - We do lots of reading. I make one demand of my lad...sit still when we read God's word. If you want to play the rest of the time, as long as you are listening, it's all good.
4. Adapt your curriculum to your child's needs - self explanatory this. Don't get locked into a curriculum, use what you have but play around with it I say.
5. Purchase a different curriculum - Not sure about you but I can't afford to do this, but if you can.. see it please as an option.
6. Tips for Reading Books - one at a time, develop the ability to sit quietly.
7. Make it Fun - Develop the desire to learn. Fun isn't the sole name of the game, but when you are learning something you really want to learn...it's fun! it really is.