Peaches and Cream Muffins.
1 14 oz can of peaches
1 4 oz bar of cream cheese
1 1/14 c milk
1/3 cup honey (or we use maple syrup)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp lemon rind
2 cup flour
1 1/2 c bran cereal
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 C/200F.
- Grease 12 large muffin tins or line with paper.
- Chop peaches and cream cheese into small blocks. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs lightly with fork. Add milk, honey, butter and lemon rind. Add cereal.
- Combine remaining ingredients in separate bowl.
- Stir peaches and cream into egg mixture.
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture mixing just until combined.
- Spoon into muffin cups. Be generous in your filling.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on rack, store in airtight container
- Works well as a butter bread as well. :).