We needed to find the wood. (go to Rona, talk to the sales people).
We needed to get the wood precut since our saw is buried somewhere in the garage and in this cold weather we chose not to dig it out. More expensive this way, but you gotta do what you gotta do. :) In order to get it precut the lad needed to measure the nestboxes to find out how big they are and then write those measurements down. Why do we do that "x" mom? Oh.. that shows how this nestbox is 9 inches wide by (that's the 'x') 12 inches long.
We cut out the sizes we needed. I have to admit we did cheat a bit since they are only nestboxes. We cut measured one piece and then used that piece as our measurement. Rather then measuring each and every time.
We then nailed or glued them all together.
I have to admit, this part was difficult as we got 1/4 inch wood instead of 1/2 inch wood. Should have gotten the wider wood, but the 1/4 inch will work, just hard to get nails into well.
So the lad's responsibility was to put drainage hole for baby bunny urine in the bottom of the nextboxes. The first coupld I needed to put "x's on so he knew where to drill, but the rest he managed on his own.