- 4 Pattypan Squash, washed
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb. lean sausage, chopped
- 3/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash in half (horizonally) and hollow.
- Chop onion finely.
- Crumble the sausage into a pan and cook until no longer pink.
- Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan with sausage fat and cook about 2 minutes or until soft.
- Mix together in a bowl the sausage, onion, parsley, bread crumbs, pepper and 2 tablespoons water.
- Divide mixture among squash halves.
- Brush the tops of the stuffed squash with olive oil.
- Place squash in single layer in baking dish just large enough to hold all of the squash.
- Fill baking dish with 1/2 inch water.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking about 15 minutes or until stuffing is browned and squash tender.