- maps of the bible lands
- Pages introducing each book to be read.
- information on how to read the bible.. from finding chapter and verse, to helps to understand what each feature is all about.
- The features are
- Words to treasure
- Did you know - my son loved this feature
- People in bible times
- Life in bible times
- Live it! (how to live out what you learn from God)
- Subject index
- and a section on where to start.
Well laid out bible. Lots of details to interest children.
My Son's comments "Lots of words I like that". "mom.. this bible asks me questions!" "mom, what does this word say?"
My son is an early reader. I would NOT call this bible an early reader bible. I would call it an elementary aged child's bible, but not an early reader. Many of the words we ran into were too difficult for my son to read, beyond his level yet, though suitable to offer him some challenge. What I mean by that is .. it is a child friendly bible, so he's encouraged to read it, but having adult help nearby would be a good thing for your early reader. Gives them the confidence to try to read God's word independently.
My son enjoyed going through the smaller features and reading through as much of them as he could. He could grow with this bible.
Published by ZonderKids
Translation is NIrV
Product reviewed: hardcover edition, The Adventure Bible for Early Readers.
For games and activities, visit www.AdventureBible.com.