I will tell you that this was a family effort. All three of us did chopping and peeling and cutting and mixing. Family efforts make the food taste better. :)
- 1 container of chicken bouillon (or use beef if you have it)
- Turnip/rutabaga - 1 medium, peeled and chopped
- White Potato - a few..chopped, peeled as they were old potatoes, don't need to if new ones.
- Sweet potato - one regular sized one, peeled and chopped
- Carrots - four I think
- Onion - one big one
- Sausage - couldn't tell you what kind, they came from the foodbank and were a touch freezer burned when I got them. Cooked them, and froze them, pulled a small bag out... six I think??? and chopped them up.
- Tomato... wanted four... ended up with 1.5 as the lad who was chopping them up said "MOM!!! There are soft spots!!!!" and he couldn't cope. :)
Tossed in some thyme (the lad said it smelled good) and some oregano and basil.
The lad put in a bunch of garlic salt and some black pepper.
Let it cook for a good spell in the crock pot.
Hubby said "hmm.. tad bit thin yet lovey, and it's missing something".
So.. took out two cups of broth and added two tbsp of cornstarch to that. Mixed it up and then put back into the pot. Tossed in a bit of no salt seasoning. and let stew a bit longer...
I honestly thought hubby dear was going to finish the whole crock pot himself! He went back for bowl after bowl.. okay... in retrospect.. I was REALLY not feeling well last night and it only appeared he was going to finish it off...hubby read this over to make sure I wasn't too incoherent (dealing with bad headache) and he said that he only had two extra bowlfuls. :)
We had just enough stew left for us each to have one bowl for supper tonight.