The Gospel of John: the visual bible is the movie I chose to view. This movie is done using the words of the Good News Bible Translation. It runs for approx 180 minutes. The Gospel of John DVD works it's way through Jesus' early ministry through his death on the cross and more. To learn more about the creation of this Christian movie visit Gospel of John at FishFlix.com. This DVD is rated PG-13 and is directed by Philip Saville. It stars Henry Ian Cusick and is narrated by Christopher Plummer.
FishFlix.com was started by a man from Turkey named Dr. Enis Sakirgil. Dr. Sakirgil got involved in the making of Christian movie called Apostle Paul and the Earliest Churches. His heart was for helping the western world learn about Christianity in Turkey. Upon immigrating into the USA he started selling this movie, and as one thing tends to lead to another he started selling more and more movies and Voila! FishFlix.com was born. This company sells all sorts of Christian movies to suit a variety of audiences and age ranges. Prices run as low as $5 for solid entertainment.
I sat down to watch this with my lad, who is 10 years old. As we were watching it he said "Mom, I've read everything they are saying!" He was so surprised by this. Shows how closely they do indeed follow the gospel story.
So what did I like about it?
- The acting was realistic.
- It really brought out to me how much the Jewish leadership was against Jesus right from the very start of his ministry.
- Given my son's reaction, it made it clear how good this would be to show to people who haven't been exposed to the Gospel of John before.
- The narration by Christopher Plummer was clear and easily understood.
- Gave my son a chance to see what life would have looked like for Jesus, the dirty feet, the long walks, the noise of the animals etc.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/FishFlix @FishFlix
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/ChristianDVD @ChristianDVD