Vendor Company Name AND Link: CTC Math
Product Name AND Link: 12 Month Family Plan
Price: $297/year with various monthly and six month plans. Currently homeschoolers are getting 60% off. You can find the link here and is accurate at the time of review. Means you can purchase the family plan for $118.80 or the single plan for $78.80. With various monthly and bi-annual rates as well.
Age Range: This is for every age and grade, K-12.
I used CTC Math to help my son like doing math.
I would log him on daily to this online math tutor program, and then some days I would set him a task, and other days he would set himself a task. Whatever he chose to do was fine by me. As you can see in the image below I have open the grade three window and also the first section in grade three math. He is making progress through different sections. BUT you are not limited to only doing grade three.. you can also (if able) to do work in other areas (my son did work in basic math and elementary geometry as well).
You can see in the image below how he has passed four of the five areas. He is currently at the silver level, if he brings up his grade in the last area he will get a gold level and he pushes to getting that.
1. Getting emails that state :
Congratulations (person's name)!
You have received a new Silver Certificate for successful completion of the topic Mental strategies from the 3rd Grade course.
Please find your certificate attached.
The team at CTC Math.
3. That once I had him all set up I could just leave him to do the work and I knew he could complete it. He could complete the lesson and then do the worksheets. Below is as screen shot of one of the worksheets.
1. Having to log in all the time AND that the computer wouldn't remember the login for me either. The security is a tad bit too tight. I asked hubby what he thought about this and his response was "Why do they have security so tight for a math program? What is the need for that?"
2. I couldn't figure out how to print off pages for being able to do some of the work with triangle. You can't always eyeball triangles and need to learn how to use a compass to do the angles.
3. The circles are too small and finicky. I thought it was just my older eyes having troubles when I worked through some of the exercises but then I heard MOM!!! I DID THAT!!! MOM!!! THEY said I was wrong!!!!!! MOM! I clicked on that and the computer didn't listen to me!!!! So I'd really like to see the circles made bigger so they are easier to click on.
1.My son likes this program. This online math program has done what I wanted it to. It has given my son confidence that math isn't as hard as he likes to think that it is. :)
2. It has offered me some challenge and helped me to understand some math that over the years I have gotten fuzzy on.
3. I would hesitate to use this as a solo math program due to the nature of some math....for instance... one needs to use a compass in order to understand angles well, so I wish there was a print out option as well.
I am very happy that we have it.
I am adept enough to find materials to support this program as needed and I think it gives an excellent basis from which to work.
So on that basis yes, I would recommend that one gets this.... particularly if they have a student who is resistant to math. This math program with it's online tutoring breaks each aspect of math down to a simple form helping students gain a thorough understanding of what is needed.
Facebook CTC Math -
Facebook Aus (Maths Online)