I just shake my head. This first week is NEVER what I hope it will be.
I feel so much pressure this time of year. And I SHOULD NOT. We school year round. Granted, our summers are much lighter, but still, we are not a high pressure family and pressure just makes us all shut down. (hence removing pressure by schooling year round).
BUT even for those who kick things into gear for the start of the year I find them shaking their heads too.
1. Their children don't want to be back in school
2. Parents aren't really ready to start
3. Distractions of Back to School Picnics
4. The.. uh.. it didn't go so well, I was so disorganized.. :)
So then I don't feel so bad that our first week was really first two days. :)
So just what did we accomplish last week? We did another composer from Gena's music lessons :) (Click banner to learn more)
We did some math.
We started reading Stone Fox and learning how to do book studies. This was a definite challenge for the lad. It was a challenge to help him try to think through the questions because then it was MY thoughts and not his own. And he wanted it to be his own thoughts...
1. moving some big stones out of our once rock garden to a pile under the hedge.
2. Karate class.